Sun, 28 September 2014
This week on The Dirty Sons of Pitches, we do pretty much the same thing we do every week, talk about movies, tv shows, our penises, and so on. Sorry for the editting snafu at the beginning, but if it sounds confusing, just know that the only thing you missed was the first word of a set up for the same joke you've heard from us a million times. Enjoy.
This Episode Includes
- Play the new Dirty Sons Of Pitches Bingo Game! It's incredibly easy.
- We discuss the upcoming fall TV season, chide old media yet again, and quickly get off track.
- Nate is underwhelmed by No Good Deeds and Jack Ryan, while Ben talks about a slightly better spy movie, a charming indie with Michael Fassbender, yet another disappointing YA adaptation, and the cinematic abomination that is Jersey Boys.
This Week's Pitch: Political Science (Fiction)
- Inspired by Atlas Shrugged Part Three, Nate pitches a Reaganite saving the Earth from Liberals and a division of American society based on Red Blue lines.
- Ben pitches Tea Party Time Travelers, the richest man on the planet, guns for everyone, and a new process for capital punishment involving shiny red buttons.
This Week's Game: Five By Five....Again
- This week we try the same game we played last week, slightly refined for the better, just to work out the kinks. We promise we'll have a different one next week (which will disgust you).
Direct download: pitch_95.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 8:33pm EDT
Wed, 17 September 2014
This week on the Dirty Sons Of Pitches, we start with a cogent discussion of genital wigs and computer generated nipples and only get stupider from there. Without a solid pitch this week, we're fixing this years summer movies, and then introducing a whole new game...that we will completely change next week.
This Episode Includes
Merkins. What are they, and why are we talking about them?
Nate discusses the Scarlett Johannson film Lucy, which he inexplicably enjoyed despite its complete lack of positive qualities.
Ben raves about The One I Love, pans an internet reviewer's debut film, and watches the other Brendon Gleeson small Irish town movie of 2014.
Also, Joan Rivers is dead.
This Week's Pitch: Fix The Summer Movie Season
In lieu of a pitch, we discuss how we would have changed the big summer blockbusters of 2014 for the better, if only we could settle on when the season actually starts.
This Week's Game: Five By Five
This new game pits host against host as one tries to guess what's in the mind of the other, exploring the dark and twisted psyche of a guy who composes lists of movies featuring amputees and killer robots in his head. Its fun for the whole family.
Direct download: pitch_94.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:14pm EDT
Sun, 7 September 2014
This week on the Dirty Sons Of Pitches, Nate and Ben discuss the Earth shattering news of...The Fappening, in which people we hate hacked the naked photos of people we hate but really want to see naked. We quickly skate by the moral ambiguity of invading the privacy of famous people we don't know the way we deal with all tough moral quandries - through the delightful post masturbatory haze that makes everything alright again. Also, like, some movies and pitches and stuff. Boobs.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON ITUNES!
This Episode Includes
- Did you not read the part about all the boobs.
- We update the Fantasy Movie Mogul Game, which nobody cares about because it doesn't involve boobs.
- Do I need a third thing? Come on...boobs.
This Week's Pitch: Heaven And Hell Movies
- Inspired by a movie neither of us have seen, we pitch movies involving Christian mythology in a high concept context. I'm already tuning out for lack of boobs.
- Nate pitches an adaptation of Terry Pratchett and a movie about a reluctant antichrist, while Ben throws out demonic cyborgs, angel babies, and hypocrites left behind.
This Week's Game: Movies Against Humanity
- We wrap things up with a few rounds of our favorite card game that in no way infringes upon the copyright of a similarly sounding game. Hear about the shocking secret connection between Grease and Flubber, and witness the first movie ever retired from the game due to overuse (Hint: it involves Midgets).
Direct download: pitch_93.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:10pm EDT
Sun, 31 August 2014
This week on the Dirty Sons of Pitches, we were kind of tired, and it shows. We talk about a lot of celebrities that have died this year, the secret masturbatory career paths of filmmaking, a paltry list of movies seen, and a pitch based on a movie neither of us even bothered with. Its an episode almost as lazy as this short, incomplete description...
Direct download: pitch_92.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 10:26pm EDT